A rare folding Oldham’s ophthalmoscope invented in 1886 and made by Down of London and comes in its original leather purple velvet and silk lined box.
The central mirror is unmarked. All 9 internal lenses are present and correct and in the lid compartment there is also an indirect lens. The box is 40 x 60 mm and the ophthalmoscope extends to 95 mm. Small but perfectly formed.