An antique respiratory inhaler made from dark green Bakelite with a central cartouche which reads “The Inspirator” and on the base “Patented Nov 3 1908”.
The lid removes to reveal two opening into a the central chamber. One is fixed and would have been used for nasal inhalation. The second is attached to a partly vulcanised rubber tube which connect to a smaller tube for oral inhalation. There remains a pungent smell of the aromatic camphor based oils which were used as inhalants.